Wednesday, September 13, 2006

belatedly in memory of 9/11

i want to make a belated tribute to 9/11. on monday i was too preoccupied to write it. but, on the forums of one of my friends, we had a topic about sept. 11th. we discussed the implications and all that has happened in the past 5 years since the terrorist attacks. but, we discussed whether we should have a memorial and consecrate the ground where such a terror had happened. army man said the people who died did that. but, i believe that a memorial is not necessary to remember those who were lost in the 9/11 tragedy.
and as to consecrating the ground, those who died in the attack already did that with their blood and tears. the hearts that still ache for the loved ones lost, it is for them we should remember those lost. so many died trying to protect the freedom we have, to save those hurt by terrorists. and in the end, many were lost.

but, many were saved. i think the best is to focus on the future, though without forgetting the past. for it is our experiences, our struggles that shape us. the past is always a part of us, but, if we hold on to the past, we cannot move on and continue on in the battle for good that our men in uniform have fought so hard for.

it is up to us to proudly declare that we are Americans, citizens of the United States of America.

it is up to us to give our support to the men and women in the armed forces. they are fighting to keep us free. and they are doing the best they can.

my prayers are with all those enlisted, whether they are in the army, national guard, coast guard, etc., along with the families of those enlisted.

hope you all realize this as the 5 yr. anniversary has passed, an anniversary many of us are still having trouble realizing has come and passed, realize that it is up to us, the younger generation to continue on in the tradition of keeping our land free.

average jane signing off.

12 comments:

The Warrior said...

Very well written. Very, very good, Jane. I like it. Especially the reference to our men in arms.

REMEMBER

Spencer

The Warrior said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jane said...

yeah i felt it was the least i could do to give tribute to such a tragedy. it means even more to me, with my boyfriend being in the army.

The Warrior said...

Yes, he is truly the epitome of the dutiful man serving his nation.

jane said...

yeah, he was so sad when he was transferred to the 96th RRC, basically an army reserves unit.

The Warrior said...

Oh no...a reserve unit. Oh I would hate that. Oh, tell him I'm sorry. Is there anything I can do to help him maybe? I don't really know him as well as I could wish, but I would guess that, if I did, we would have the likelihood of being rather close.

jane said...

well, there's really not much anyone can do. just be a good friend. but, he said something about army reserves being reorganized or sumthin.

The Warrior said...

Well, all I can say is that it's in God's hands.

jane said...

yeah, i guess. i just wish there was something i could do too.

The Warrior said...

I know the feeling. Believe me. I really do. But often we just mess it up more than it would have been in the first place!!!

jane said...

so true. my life is so messed up, but, i'm working hard to clean it up.

The Warrior said...

Well, the blood of Jesus Christ is the best cleanser I've ever seen. Works on any stain imaginable. ;-)