Wednesday, November 29, 2006

all's fair in love in war (or is it?)

all's fair in love and war, at least that's what they all say. but, i don't know. i don't really agree with that cliche.(unless of course it's getting revenge on a guy! j/k not really.) honestly, it's jsut an excuse to do whatever you feel in a relationship. an excuse to be mean or such and have an excuse for it. and it sucks. but, i guess that life sometimes hands us crap to make us better ppl. at least that's what my mom would say. but, ya know. i guess maybe i feel the same way too. cuz i know without the experiences i've had, i wouldn't be where i am today. but, then i wish the fates wouldn't mess with my mind and heart and hormones. i swear there a re days when i'm bi-polar or sumthin. maybe it's just cuz i'm a girl. but, there are those moments when i know exactly what i want out of life. i know exactly where i'm going. and then i have the days i don't know. nd of course once i think i've really decided, that 's when a change comes and i realize that i want something different. and right now i know what i want. and honestly i'm very sure of it. yet if you had asked me yesterday what i needed or wanted then it would have been the complete opposite of what i know i need now. and you know. i think most of my problems have stemmed from my being so "boy crazy," per se. thus i've come to the decision that i really need to just stay away from being more than friends with guys. honestly. i think i just need to be me and have my friends, but, i can't deal with anything more. i really can't . and now that i've come to this realization, who knows how long it'll last. when it comes to matters of the heart, that is when i know i need to consulte my brain and it hasn't failed me in the past. so now i make it official! i swear off guys for this whole school year. actually indefinitely until i decide otherwise. cuz i only complicate things if i mess with all of that. and i know it won't be the easiest thing to do. but, i know that for my sanity an well being i have to.

average jane signing off. (my moratorium from guys begins.)

13 comments:

The Warrior said...

No, not all is fair. One thing stands above all, in both. HONOR. In love, honor to women. In war, honor in conduct.

Anyways it looks like you're excercising some will power. That is very good! I hope it all goes well for you, and maybe some day you'll just find "the one" and won't need to worry about all this. That's my plan.

And who's "guy"?

Lydia said...

Yea... I've sworn off guys until I'm 35.

jane said...

heya freak, i think that's a good goal. i think i'll follow ya in that! :D

jane said...

oh, i meant my moratorium from guys,(plural) begins! oops! i'll fix that. :D

The Warrior said...

Right. Thanks!

You made a sensible choice, I must say.

jane said...

uhh... thanx. i guess. it's just easier this way. leave my heart out of it all for now.

The Warrior said...

I see.

Ho hum!

jane said...

yeah maybe i'm not doing so well in my moratorium though. hmm....

The Warrior said...

Well, maybe we can talk about it if you like?

jane said...

well, a guy i still like, and something that i heard yesterday, it's like my feelings for him became more clear. and so yeah, maybe a moratorium is just pointless.

The Warrior said...

Ah yes. I do see what you mean, indeed. I actually was just minutes ago wondering if this very thing would happen.

jane said...

yeah i bet most of my friends were wondering how long it would take for this to happen. cuz, i don't do very well with moratoriums, let alone when i still very much like someone.

The Warrior said...

No, that's not what I meant. I meant, to say it loudly, that I wondered if this sort of situation, where you worried about Dave's safety, would make you realize the fact that you may have had more feelings for him than you recognized before.