Tuesday, September 26, 2006

explanations and questions

because of comments i got on my last post, i have decided to explain more fully my intentions. so i met this guy on myspace. however i understand the dangers in going and meeting him. but, i am taking all the possible precautions. okay here is how it will go. possibly next saturday. he is coming to my house to "meet" my parents. they only thingk that he's a friend i knew last year in high school. but, then i'm going to go with two friends, one guy and one girl. i'm gonna have my own car, so that if anything gets awkward i can leave if i feel like it. and i won't ever be alone with him. and of course i'll be in public places with my friends right by my side at all times. hope that will at least pacify my friends. i understand your concern. especially army man's and paleo's but, please. let it go! i'm gonna take all possible precautions and it'll all be okay. thanx for your friendship paleo. it means a lot to me. hopefully this will at least ease your worries. i hope someday i can meet you and tell you face to face how much your friendship means to me.

anyhoo, happy thoughts. so yeah i actually did my homework for school and i'm actually caught up with all my grades. i have b's or higher. and it's great. cuz it means that maybe i can survive senior year. and honestly i never thought that i'd be the studious type, but, at the same time, sometimes there's just a simple joy in learning. i like learning about new cultures. it really interests me. i guess that's the one thing i like about my humanities class is that i'm being introduced to new culture and new ideas. and it seems that one big question keeps popping up every time i go to class. and that is, is there really a god? we're focusing on religon, and i can't help but wonder. but i guess that's for me to find out .

average jane signing off!

16 comments:

The Warrior said...

*weight is removed from chest*

Oh Amy, that is indeed GREAT news!!!!! You know I wish you wouldn't go, but this is really good news. It really makes me much more at ease. I wish that you would tell your parents the truth and not lie to them for more than one reason (for moral reasons and for your own safety), but at least you've made this choice.

I do want to say that it would never be a good idea to ever meet him alone. Once he finds out that you are with friends he will (if he is indeed one of these despots, which he may or may not be) know that he cannot do anything. Thus I wouldn't meet him in person--EVER!

But at least you've done this. I will be much more at ease about you! I've been worried! Hopefully you will at least let Dave come...he only wants to protect you, you know. I don't mean to insult you or anything, but a woman cannot fully understand a man's point-of-view. I can grasp Dave's feelings on the subject at least somewhat, so I know how he would feel, at least to some degree. Hopefully you won't rob him of that. Please don't take offense to that though!

Just allow me to ask you this: did you organize this meeting after you broke up with Dave? And does this guy know that you did? Does he have your blog address?

That's my question. Hope it's not too intrusive!

See ya around! (And I've been blogging lots! How do I moderate your comments that did not appear too?)

Spencer

jane said...

i thought this would relieve your anxiety. but, no dave is not coming with me. talk about awkward. but, my cousin austin will be coming and he is like 6'3" or sumthin. and nathan approves and says i couldn't have picked better. and yes this guy does know what is going on. he thinks you're a little nuts, cuz i actually linked my blog in an email so he could see what i meant about my friends freaking out about me meeting him. but, he understands your concern and realizes that you only do it cuz you care. and he is totally okay with my friends coming and everything. i wish you could meet him, because then maybe you'd trust me and what i'm saying. but, you're all the way in another state! and we have been talking casually for awhile about meeting, but we had begun to seriously talk about meeting within the last couple of weeks. and then of course after i broke up with dave and told this guy about it, it seemed we actually made plans to meet. and yes he has my blog address. this guy knows a lot about what's been goin on in my life. he's been my one great friend who i really tell everything to. he knows all about when dave and i first started going out, and even about when i broke up with dave. this guy has been my confidant. and he really gets what i'm saying. he really gets me almost better than anyone else, besides nathan. and i'll have to email you how to get your other comments.

The Warrior said...

Well, I must say that your answer to my last question only confirms my suspicions more. I don't care if you read this (he is even invited to read my blog), whoever you are, and you may think me crazy. I'm only doing my duty. There are many men who take things as I do. If you really understand where I am coming from, I do not know. Cautiousness pays.

But your new comment kinda helped me feel better...and you are commenting so much that it's okay now I think....:-P

jane said...

and you know what, i will keep you posted on everything that goes on and post at least a few times a week so you know i'm okay! i appreciate your concern. and he just understands that you are concerned. anyhoo. yeah. life's good.

The Warrior said...

Okay then I guess.

jane said...

hey, you sound depressed!! be happy. life is jsut great!!! lol everytime i mispell just, it makes me look like i'm drunk or sumthin!

The Warrior said...

Hic-hiccup! Say, whad ya say, sonny? Hic-iccup!

*in loud, whiny, drunken voice*

Oh, ninety-nine bottles of beer on the wall, ninety-nine bottles of--hiccup!--beer....*collapses on floor due to beer OD*

:-D

jane said...

yah! yo ho! yo ho! a pirate's life for me! a nice bottle o' rum sounds mighty goooood! hee hee! that's funny spencer!

*silly grin*

The Warrior said...

Thanks! Hoped I'd make you laugh since it works when I ain't tryin! :-D

jane said...

yeah i cracked up laughing when i read your drunken impression! and now reading it again it makes me laugh harder! thanx. i needed the laugh. you probably don't know how much!

The Warrior said...

I just read it and snickered too!

And you're comments are always appreciated too, you know!

jane said...

awww... thanx! i swear no matter what you say, it's either something funny, something to make me smile, or sumthing that makes me feel good@!

The Warrior said...

Oh, that is SO nice, Amy! Really...you mean it?

And it's true of your comments, too!

jane said...

of course i mean it spencer! i wouldn't lie to you! *shifty eyes* or would i? j/k! :D

The Warrior said...

No, you wouldn't lie! :-D

Cousin Elizabeth!!!!!!!!!!

jane said...

oh my gosh!i'm laughing again. stop writing cousin elizabeth! it makes me laugh too hard! :D j/k it's really funny!