Saturday, September 30, 2006

i survived!

yeah so guess what? i survived the first day of General Conference! yeah amazing. no the amzing thing is, when i actually listened i found that i actually enjoyed it. i enjoyed listening to what the leaders of my church, the mormon church, had to tell us. i especially like Brother worthlin's talk. he talked about the resurrection of christ. and he said that so often in our lives there are times that are like the friday of christ's crucifixtion. it's hard and trying times, but, our sunday, like that when christ rose from the dead, will come. the hard stuff will end. and it was really comforting to hear that. then of course there was a talk on tithing. and i have troubles with tithing and so i felt it was totally directed at me. and it was good to hear what the man had to say. and today was the first time i n forever that i actually listened to conference. but, i'm glad i did. i have to say, it's made it a little easier to try to get back into religion with the encouragement of friends like lizbiz, slypig, and freak. thanx so much. and of course paleo. thanx bunches to all my friends. i really do want to know for myself whether the church is true and where religion fits into my life.

just an average jane signing off! (smile cuz life is good!)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved Elder Wirthlin's talk too! It was really comforting to me. I also really like the landfill talk (was his name Elder Johnson? I can't remember.) It was along the same lines, and put in such a good way.

The Warrior said...

Well you don't need to put me in there. I had no hand in encouraging you in Mormonism as you know full well, so the credit is not due here.

And as to tithing, I've actually heard that a good Jew back in the day would give about 25% to various holy charities, the poor, etc. And I don't remember where, but there is a Bible verse that says that you need to do more than 10%!

And how are you? Have you met "him" yet? Are you okay? Please comment!!!!!!!!!

jane said...

i wasn't saying you encouraged me to mormonism. you encouraged me to religion in general!

don't be offended, please!

and tithing yeah i've just always known it as 10%

and no i won't meet him until this saturday! the day was changed. don't worry!

The Warrior said...

I'm not offended. And I'm still going to be a little uneasy. I thought it had passed.

BE CAREFUL.

jane said...

okay you can be uneasy. and then once it passes, i don't know if we'll hang out much. but, i will keep you posted! i do so worry about your nerves! (what is it that mrs. bennet always says to mr. bennet about her nerves?)

The Warrior said...

Whoa! You have seen that movie too? I see it, like all the time...life with a sister, you know. :-P

"Oh, you have no compassion on my poor nerves!"

"You are mistaken my dear, they have been my old companions for these twenty years at least."

Sadly, I'm beginning to get so sick that I can quote these movies!! And btw, she wanted to know which ones you had read.

jane said...

yeah i saw a bit of the old movie of pride an prejudice. i also saw the newer mormon one and the one with keira knightley in it. but, i think i saw the movie of emma and i read the book a while ago. and it's your sister wondering what i've read right?

but, you have to admit. you must like the movie some to endure it lots! hee hee!

The Warrior said...

Mabye just a little...:-P

It's really not so bad. And yes it is my sister.

But what Mormon one? Can you please enlighten me? I'll be able to tell her something about Jane Austen that she doesn't know, ha ha!

jane said...

well, there was a movie made about 2 yrs ago that was kind of mormon based. cuz they have a church scene and a couple other little things in the movie. and a bunch of the actors i think were mormon. the two main actors/actresses, were kam heskins and orlando seale. i think it only was big in utah. but, it really was funny. it was like pride and prejudice in life today! good movie!

The Warrior said...

Oh so it's modern and not regency? I want to know for my sister, just so any one who is curious won't doub my masculinity, LOL!

jane said...

oh who could ever doubt your masculinity spencer?! the horror of the thought! *eye roll*

The Warrior said...

You mean it's obvious or something like that?

jane said...

well, just things you say and the conversations we have, i jsut don't think anyone could doubt your masculinity. honestly.