Monday, October 2, 2006

Shooting in an Amish Town

hey i just got back from my interview and it went okay. but i went into my mom's room and the saddest story was on the news. some crazy gunman went wild in an amish town. it was so sad to hear about it. apparently it was in nickel mines, pennsylvannia. according to the story the guy came into the amish town and took six girls hostage in the school and shot them all execution style. two of the girls died instantly and one died later at the hospital, while three remain in critical condition. the man was the local milkman and he called his wife just before he shot the girls to tell her that he was acting out to get revenge for something that happened 20 years ago.
for more info, check this link out: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/10/02/national/main2055177.shtml

it really saddens me to see what our world has become. this is the 3rd school shooting or such that has taken place in the past 3 weeks. how do people become so corrupt and so lost that they think this is right? like in the bailey, colorado shooting. the man held 6 girls hostage. he sexually assaulted them before he ended up killing one and himself. honestly, i cannot even fathom what could have gone so completely wrong in people's lives to make them act in such a way. i jsut have to say my prayers and condolences are with all those hurt or affected by any of thes shootings. the amish are a peaceful people. the girls all hurt were just young teenage girls. they were innocent girls and did not deserve this. my condolences once again.

average jane signing off.

13 comments:

Nathan said...

You know, I've actually been to an Amish town--Jamesport, Missouri. They are a peaceful people; I'm shocked by this display of violence! But, Satan can slither his way into any heart, no matter how peaceful or strong. God bless those who were affected, and may God have mercy on this man's soul, for we will not.

The Warrior said...

I actually just blogged about this minutes ago. I think they were little tiny girls, though.

jane said...

it still is terrible and i hate that this had to happen.

The Warrior said...

Actually, I think you were right. I heard little girls, you heard teens. Later I heard 6-15. So I guess we were both right.

jane said...

yeah either way i feel terrible. our world is so wicked. it's terrible

The Warrior said...

Yes. Wicked indeed.

If you don't mind, and if you don't find this offensive, I'd just like to know. I don't mean to insult you in any way, but, what makes you believe something is right or wrong when you don't believe in God?

I'm just curious. Please forgive and excuse if that bothers you at all.

Specner

jane said...

well, there is just an accepted way of right or wrong. it may be religion based, but it's a good way to base your actions. just like when you're taught as you grow up, it's wrong to kill, it's wrong to cheat, it's wrong to steal. it's just an accepted way of how things are. and in my heart, i believe this things are wrong. and no i'm not offended! don't worry! :D

The Warrior said...

All right, good then. I hate offending people, especially women....

jane said...

spencer i doubt anyone could be offended by you!

The Warrior said...

REALLY????

Why though?

jane said...

come on spencer. you are really one of the nicest guys i know. what you say or write could never be taken to offense. unless they're just stupid! :D

The Warrior said...

Oh, thank you so much!!!

You really HAVE NO IDEA what those words mean to me. You've actually unwittingly (or was it by design, lol? :-D ) contributed significantly to my self-respect/esteem or whatever you want to call it. I'm used to denying the good in me, but you keep on making it harder for me to do that! I'll still try my hardest though! LOL, :-P !

jane said...

hey! don't look down on yourself! that's an order from me! you are amzing and funny. i dont' know where i'd be if i'd never met you!