Thursday, November 23, 2006

happy turkey day!!!

hey, so happy turkey day everyone. i can't believe it's already thanksgiving. that means that christmas is in month from tomorrow. wow. how crazy is that. but, yeah so i just got finished watching the macy's thanksgiving day parade. i taped part of it cuz i couldn't watch it earlier. it was really cool cuz RBD, a latin group, performed, along with jonas brothers, josh kelly and chris brown and ciarra performed. really amzing. i love to hear them sing and it was cool to see them live, sort of. but, then there were really cool floats and balloons. i liked the balloon of scooby doo. really cool. oh and then ther was this float with "barbie" on it. i loved the song she danced to. it's called shine.

but, yeah so for thanksgiving i'm gonna be eating with my mom's family. and unfortunately, my grandpa just remarried about a month ago. and so my grandpa's new wife will be at the dinner thingy. and i really dont like her. sometimes it seems too much that she's trying to take over my grandma's place. my grandma's only been dead two years on nov. 21st. and it seems way too soon for my grandpa to remarry. most of the family are still upset about it. and she had the gall to send some letter or sumthin and sign it mom and dad. she'll never be "mom". really dumb. and then she had to send us a card for thanksgiving and her return address sticker said Mrs. William W. Thorup. really made me mad. i know she's married to my grandpa, but, she doesn't have to flaunt it. anyhoo, that's my mad spree for the day. it'll all be okay.

so i decided to take the advice of a good friend of mine. he said that it's amzing how music affects your mood. he said a sad song may come on and you'll listen for a bit. but he changes to a happy song. and so he unknowingly gave me good advice. so i've been trying all today to listen to happy music. if a sad song comes on, or a mad one, i'll listen for a sec if i like the song. but then i quickly change to a happier song. so far it has kept me in a better mood. so i'm gonna keep up with that. anyhoo.

well, i gotta go check on other stuff.

average jane signing off! (have fun stuffing your faces, but remember to be grateful for all you have! afterall, that's what this day is all about! oh ps. i'm gratefull for all my friends. stephie, nathan, spencer, dave, lydia, cami, noely, hilarie, jason c., jason b., tiffany, and all the others i can't think of right now! thanx so much guys!)

14 comments:

The Warrior said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too, Jane! :-D

I get how you feel about the new addition thing...I guess it would be no fun, huh?

And you're just waaaaaayyy too sweet!! I didn't realize I gave you advice that would help anything...but it kinda works, doesn't it? And thanks for listing me amongst your closest friends. You are in my top five (closer than that, really, for I have so few)....

Catch ya later!

Spencer

;-P

The Warrior said...

Oh, and did I mention that you have this talent of always being able to make my day? :-D

jane said...

awww. thanx spencer. wow we must be pretty alike because you have that same uncanny ability to make my day too! :D thanx.

and how was your thanksgiving? mine was okay. cuz i got to hang out with my cousin tamra and had...lots of fun. story for a later time. remind me.

and yes your advice helps. honestly, but, hearing from you has the same affect as listening to happy music does! right now i can't stop smiling cuz you're just too nice! :D

The Warrior said...

Amy, you're gonna have to stop being so nice one day, or you're gonna make the whole world be nice back!

You're always so sweet, and I thank you for that, and for your friendship, which now is so dear to me.

And yeah, I had a great T-giving. As I told my cousin about my job, he called it "easy on the eyes" when I told him that I work with a bunch of girls! Ha ha!

And you don't just make me smile. You make me smile inside.

Ah, I so missed doing this for that month you were on restriction!!!!!

jane said...

awww... thanx. you just made me smile on the inside now. :D

and you better stop being so nice also or else you gonna make me smile too much. and my mouth'll be sore from smiling all the time. people are gonna start to wonder why i'm smiling and they'll begin to think it's a boy. well, it is, cuz it's you, but not in the way they think.

and i'm glad you had a great t-giving. and i think i like your cousin. that's a good way to put it working with girls, easy on the eyes. hee hee!

and yeah, i missed this too. it's so fun and awsome to talk to you like this. i'm gonna be good so i don't go on restriction again.
you are seriously one of my top five friends. actually you're one of the top three ppl i trust most. anyhoo. :D

The Warrior said...

Oh, you're so sweet! But I must tell you (my dear cousin Elizabeth, ;-D ) that I will have absolutely no mercy on you--your mouth will be sore forever!!! Mwahahaha!!!!! And then they can just wonder all they want!

(Plus, I'd like to say that I'm glad that we're at an understanding in that regard--"well, it is, cuz it's you, but not in the way they think." It frees me to compliment you all I want without worrying about future problems. You know I don't mean that in any bad way about you, but I think you know me well enough now to see where I am coming from. :-D)

jane said...

oww! my mouth hurts! stop making me smile so much!!! :P j/k it really is good. my mouth needs the exercise.

and well, i guess they will have to just wonder. hmmm....

and of course we're on the same wavelength in that regard. don't you worry! hee hee!

*jane giggles non-stop softly*

The Warrior said...

Same wavelength...hmm, but a different frequency? (Sorry--nonsensical science moment there.)

And let them wonder! Hee hee!

jane said...

yeah non-sensical science moment! hee hee!

hey what was the author you told me about? henty? or sumthin like that?

and of course they'll wonder!

The Warrior said...

Um, yeah, that's exactly right...but what does he have to do with turkeys?

You should so read them. You know what? If I hadn't grown up to a man on Henty, I likely wouldn't feel like I do about women as passionately. A little, but not as strongly.

See here:

http://www.visionforum.com/boysadventure/productlist.aspx?categoryid=161

In fact, check the entire site out! It "rocks"!

jane said...

well, i was at the library on monday and i thought i remembered the author you told me about was henty. and so i wanted to make sure i had the right author. i got 2 of his books i think. i haven't gotten to reading any of them yet. but, i will. :D

The Warrior said...

Oh yes, please do! They've taught me so much. As I told you, they've helped to make me a man...and here's another clincher...I didn't like history until I read them. I'm dead serious!

They have great plots, and are really fun to read. They have romances too, but it might take you a while to get used to the old English. It's not very hard, though.

Anyways, which two?

jane said...

well, one is called for the temple. and the other is called something to do with a raven. i would have to go look to see the exact title.

The Warrior said...

Ah, I know exactly which ones you are talking about.

For the Temple, is about the Roman destruction of the temple at Jerusalem, and all that (Jesus predicted this, some 70 years before). I haven't read this one.

The Dragon and the Raven, is one of his very best books ever. I think it's my second favorite.

It's about the Vikings versus the Saxons (i.e., English). Without spoiling the story for you, I'll tell you that it has some great battles (not too many for a girl, my sister loves it almost as much as I do lol!), and gives a very large portion to the book, as Henty books go, to a girl. It's a great book, and not too long, so I'd definitley recommend this one. It's just fantastic.

I hope you like it! And I also wanted to thank you for paying such close attention to me and what I like, and just for being my close friend. It means more to me, than you can ever possibly know.