Thursday, May 24, 2007

and then there was one..

have you ever seen the movie, "the prince and me?" well, right now i'm feeling like julia stiles and the character she plays in it. she has two friends. and in the beginning of the movie, she is the bridesmaid for one of them. she's sitting at the wedding reception with the second friend. and she says, "and then there were two...they seem really happy, i just remember how much we used to talk about getting out there and following our dreams. i mean there's a whole world out there to see. you too, we're the last hold outs." then the second friend looks all guilty and holds up her hand showing her ring and says,"todd and i are engaged." well, that is so true in my life. cuz i remember how me and my friend used to talk about all the things we had to do: share an apartment together, go make the guards at the buckingham palace laugh, travel abroad. a whole bunch of things. we had plans. now, she's engaged. a part of me is happy that she's happy. but a part of me is sad and hurt cuz we had plans that have just fallen apart. but i guess this just means it's my time to be on my own. follow my dreams. cuz honestly, a guy doesn't fit in my plans right now. or anyone else for that matter, well beyond friendship. i have so many things i want to do. i need to see the world. in two years i am planning to study abroad. maybe in someplace like england or italy. it would seriously be amzing. so yeah. i don't why i'm saying all this. but i am, and who knows? maybe my story will end like julia stiles. maybe i'll meet my prince who won't hold me back from my dreams. but yeah. we'll see how life goes...

averagejane signing off....

8 comments:

The Warrior said...

She's ENGAGED?!!?!??!???

jane said...

umm....yeah. she is. to dave, obviously. if you want to know more, ask her. i would feel it's not my place to divulge much more. i think maybe i shouldn't have posted anything until she said it on her blog....oops!

The Warrior said...

Oh, don't worry about it. The night after I read it on the Sly Piggery. Dave posted it there.

All I can say is...wow!

jane said...

oh...i don't go on slypiggery much lately. maybe i'll check it out.

and yeah. wow basically is all i can say. i don't really agree with it and all, but it's their lives. i have no say in it..

The Warrior said...

I do miss your presence pn the Sly Piggery. :-(

jane said...

lol well, i dont' lurk there any more. not much to write or read...

The Warrior said...

There's more than you know!!! All I know is that I just miss you there. :-(

The Warrior said...
This comment has been removed by the author.