Thursday, June 21, 2007

i've got a date! and i can't wait..... : D

otay.... so today has to be considered one of the funnier days of my existence! :D so i was at work and me and robert did our whole smile/whatever exchange a few times during the day. there is this girl, oyuna, who works with me. she's like late 20s, early 30s and is married. she was helping me fold invoices for mailing and she asked me, 'amy, do you have a boyfriend?' and i told her i didn't. then i said, ' but i have a date on friday! ' and she said, ' oh, with who?' and i said, ' robert.' she looked at me and said, ' robert, like in the warehouse?' and i said, 'yah.' and she told me that she thought he had a girlfriend. and stuff and i told her that i was pretty sure he didn't, but i was gonna actually ask him today just to be safe. and i asked her how she was sure he had a girlfriend. she told me that some girl comes and picks him up after work each day. and i told her that he told me it was his sister emily. and when i saw her pick him up, they acted like brother and sister and not at all like boyfriend/ girlfriend. then, she says,'well, i'm gonna go check on something.' so she leaves. and i don't hear from her for ten minutes.

so i went on my break and i was in the bathroom, when oyuna comes in and says, 'amy?' and i say yah... and so she comes in and says,' maybe i was mistaken, some of the guys have sisters that come and bring them lunch, so it could be his sister that comes and picks him up... sorry about that.' and i told her it wasn't a problem. but then she tells me the reason she had asked if i had a boyfriend, was that she wanted to set me up with one of the other guys that work in the warehouse, chris. he's a good guy. really nice and funny. and she wanted to set me up with him... how funny! but the story gets better.

so i told darren, a guy at work, that oyuna had wanted to set me up with chris. and he makes some comment about what the dating setup we've got here! :D and i found this immensly hilarious. but yeah. so i was gonna ask robert if he had a girlfriend, but turned out i didn't have to. he came up around 4 pm and said, ' i just had a good chat with oyuna.' i said, 'oh... yeah?' and he told me,' i don't have a girlfriend. maybe when i talked to oyuna last i did. my crazy ex that trys to call me here, i broke up with her 2 1/2 weeks ago. but i don't have a girlfriend. but if you don't want to go out with me still, i understand.' i replied,' i do still want to go out with you, i just didn't want to deal with that.' and he said he completely understood. then he went back to the warehouse. then at closing time, he came up front again and said, 'so are we still on for tomorrow?' and i told him 'yeah. so what are we doing?' and he said he hadn't decided yet, he was trying to think of something fun. then he turned to go. but then turned back and said, 'oh, one more thing, i'm a pretty open guy. if you hear something about me, you can come ask me and i'll tell you.' i said,' okay. and i was gonna come ask you about the girlfriend thing, but oyuna beat me to it.' i also told him that i really don't have a hard time coming to ppl about things. so yeah. but we're on for tomorrow night!!! i really cannot wait. so that's been my interesting day!! :D

but then on saturday, i'm gonna hang out with my friend, jesse at the gateway. we're gonna hangout and catch up on life. get to know each other a bit better seeing as we've only met in person once and mostly chatted over the net...but yeah. it'll be fun!

but i'm so excited for tomorrow!!!! i think i'll burst from happiness and excitement! :D

averagejane signing off! : P

9 comments:

The Warrior said...

They're vying for you, Amy! The guys love you!!!

And beware of the workplace rumor mill. It works overtime, even when the employees don't. No joke.

Anyways, as to Jesse, are you going with a friend or no? As usual...be careful for me!!!!!! :-D

jane said...

umm...with jesse. not with a friend, but we'll always be in a public place and of course i'll be safe...

but yeah i know. the guys just love me! lol

but i hope things will be okay at work...if he even calls tonight that is....

Unknown said...

Please do be safe!

And they do love you. Seriously, I think.

jane said...

yeah. two of them i think... ugh...

The Warrior said...

You mean like, or love?

jane said...

ummm...strong like...

Unknown said...

Lol. You're funny. :-D

jane said...

yeah i know! :D rotfl

The Warrior said...

Well at least things seem to be working out for you so far?