Wednesday, May 9, 2007

i'm having a day from hell...

today was literally a day from hell....but it didnt' start that way. it was okay. i got to read my book, gossamer, in seminary. then i went to choir and i actually had fun in concert choir. the songs we were learning were finally starting to come together in my mind.... and it felt great. and we finished up about 10:20 am. then mrs. t, my choir teacher, asked to see me for a minute. and so i went into her office and we talked. she told me that i had come to her to talk once and so now she needed to talk to me. she told me that she was incredibly hurt yesterday when i was unwilling to try and change my time to donate blood, which i ended up not being able to anyways.... but she said she harbored feelings (her words not mine) all day about that and couldn't stop thinking about it. she had asked me the previous day in our class to try and switch to donating blood during the period i TA for her, but i told her i couldn't because i needed to use that time for homework... i was really behind and needed to make up some work. so back to today. she told me that for the past 3-4 weeks she had let me do what i wanted when during my TA period, but she had asked for one day and i couldn't give her that. i didn't get the chance to tell her that i would have gladly any other day, but this happened to be one day i just couldn't. i needed to pass the class i had homework for. anyways, then she told me that she had really needed me there yesterday, that the girls needed me there. i told her that i don't really feel that she notices when we were gone. and she got defensive and said that she does notice, and asked me if i didn't notice that she pulled aside the latecomers. and i gave her that. she does that....but when we're gone it's not like she makes much of it. she only makes a big deal when all of our 1st sopranos are finally all there( this is a rare occurence by the way..) anyways ( oh and during this i myself was getting kind of defensive and that was wrong. i needed to cool down.) but also, somewhere in this conversation i must have gotten pretty hyped up, cuz mrs. t said that i was shooting daggers at her with my eyes and that i needed to calm down... and i did, cuz i wasn't meaning to do that. but then at one point in our conversation i tried to tell her something and i must have raised my voice a little, because all of the sudden she said, "don't yell at me, cuz i can't take that." and i said to her, " i'm not yelling at you." cuz i wasn't....and she told me to stop yelling, again. and so i said, "T, you deserve respect as my teacher, but i can't take this.." so i opened her office door and turned to leave. she grabbed my arm to keep me in there and told me to stay. but i pulled my arm away and left the classroom. she followed me into the hall and called after me...i thought she might catch up to me so i began to run down A-hall. she called after me saying, "amy let's take this to the principal..." i said ," i'm not talking about this and i ran down f-hall into the girls bathroom. i stayed there for five minutes then went out in the commons area. i waited to see if she'd come find me. but she didn't. the good thing was my friend kara came out to see if i was okay. her concerned face broke me. i told her, no i was not okay. she gave me a big hug and i cried for a second. then i told her that t's being a bitch. and she knowing how t's been acting, was like no surprise.... but then she got my stuff out of the classroom, cuz i wasn't about to go back in right then. but that's the most of the drama..

so then at lunch i was hungry but couldnt find the motivation to make myself eat. food sounded disgusting. so i just sat at my table. i heard rumors later that a couple of other choir friends of mine were giving me looks of disgust as to how i was treating T. but they just don't get it. i confronted one of them around the last period of the day and told her i'd heard rumors that she was giving me dirty looks. she just rolled her eyes, not denying it....and i told her that if she had issues to tell me to my face cuz i didn't need to hear it from others. and i told her i was tired of t's shit and all the shit i was getting from others... looking back now, i realize i was really harsh, and i regret that, but i don't regret what i said. i'm tired of being the bad guy, of losing friends. guess they weren't really my friends to believe me....it sucks.

so now i've lost some friends cuz of this whole mess. and i know i was partly in the wrong. i should have held my temper better. i tend to lose it. but i don't regret a word i said. i meant every word with all of my heart. i don't need to sit by and just take this anymore. that's it. but i also will be telling cami sorry for reacting how i did, but that i still meant what i said. i will also tell T, if she tries to talk to me, that we have nothing to talk about until she apologizes. i will probably say that i was wrong in running away, literally. i should have jsut walked away like a normal person. it was childish to run. totally childish and i'm an adult now. but i don't regret what i said. not at all. T needs to realize that right now choir is not the most important thing. i need to focus on my other classes in order to pass them and graduate....this is stress i so don't need.

anyhooo, yeah it really sucked but i'm okay for now.

average jane signing off....

6 comments:

The Warrior said...

I can so identify with this, Sweetie!

When people attack us, we get defensive, sometimes angry. You're right, and sometimes we have to control it, but it's natural. Don't worry about it too much.

"so now i've lost some friends cuz of this whole mess. and i know i was partly in the wrong. i should have held my temper better."

Sounds very familiar to me...I've had this happen. But, in our defence, if those "friends" aren't going to be with us through everything, they weren't really our friends in the first place, were they?

So you cheer up, Amy. If you need to talk to me or just to vent, you kow where to find me! I love you! :-D

Spencer

jane said...

thanx bunches. actually i told someone at work that i had the friends that mattered, like you and nathan... interesting...

but thanx, i really just can't wait for the school year to be over...i have some good friends still that will stick by me, like Kara, she was there through all of this...

The Warrior said...

You're welcome. :-D Anytime you need anything Amy, I'm here. :-)

I think you have more friends than you realize. But I'm glad you count me as one. ;-)

jane said...

yeah i don't think i really have that many friends...but i do seriously consider you one of mine...

The Warrior said...

Same back to you, Sweetie. :-D

jane said...

in fact you really don't know how you make days of mine so much better. even the days that i'm already okay... :D